The aliens are coming back.
The new trailer for Independence Day: Resurgence was released Sunday and promises an action-packed sequel to the 1996 hit.
The nearly 2-minute clip shows how humans have adapted alien technology to make Earth stronger in case the extraterrestrials return, which they do in full force. The new film is set 20 years after the events of the first one.
Bill Pullman, Jeff Goldblum, Vivica A. Fox, and Judd Hirsch all reprise their roles from the original blockbuster. Movie-goers will also see new faces, including Liam Hemsworth, Maika Monroe and Joey King.
“Independence Day: Resurgence” comes to theaters on June 24.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.