Will Ferrell brought back his popular impression of George W. Bush to Saturday Night Live to mock the current crop of Republican presidential candidates and announce that “Bush” is running for president again.
“This is an important day. I’ve made a big decision. I’m entering the race for the President of the United States of America,” Ferrell said as he opened up the show Saturday. “The field of Republicans out there is so messed up, I figured it makes you miss me, doesn’t it? And that’s saying a lot.”
The actor then went down the list of GOP presidential hopefuls, including Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Carly Fiorina and “this knucklehead” Donald Trump. He jokingly slammed each as unfit for the role of commander-in-chief.
“I’ll tell you something, when I get in a bad mood, I just picture his big fat orange Oompa Loompa face and I just piss my pants,” Ferrell says of Trump through fits of laughter.
Ferrell also pokes fun at Bush’s brother, Jeb Bush.
“Oh boy. Poor Jeb,” Ferrell says. “You gotta admit it’s a pretty good plot twist that I turned out to be the smart one.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com