The Taliban claimed responsibility for a deadly suicide attack in the Afghan capital on Friday, targeting a guest house in an upscale area of Kabul near several foreign embassies.
Two guards were killed and six other people injured after militants detonated a car bomb at the gate and stormed the building opposite the Spanish Embassy in the Shirpour neighborhood, according to a senior police official.
Afghan special forces pinned down the militants and surrounded them from all sides, the official and a special forces commander told NBC News on condition of anonymity.
Harun Arsalai, a 34-year-old Afghan freelance journalist who…
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working