Stormtroopers invaded a soccer stadium in Bulgaria this week. It wasn’t an incursion by the Galactic Empire, but a Star Wars-themed display of support by fans of the Bulgarian soccer team, CSKA Sofia.
It was an impressive showing of both Star Wars fandom and soccer support as the stands were filled with Sofia fans wearing stormtrooper masks and singing along to Darth Vader’s Theme. They even held up a homemade poster of the Sith Lord himself.
The Force must have been strong with the CSKA Sofia players, because during the match, they smashed their enemies with a 3-0 victory.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time