Stormtroopers invaded a soccer stadium in Bulgaria this week. It wasn’t an incursion by the Galactic Empire, but a Star Wars-themed display of support by fans of the Bulgarian soccer team, CSKA Sofia.
It was an impressive showing of both Star Wars fandom and soccer support as the stands were filled with Sofia fans wearing stormtrooper masks and singing along to Darth Vader’s Theme. They even held up a homemade poster of the Sith Lord himself.
The Force must have been strong with the CSKA Sofia players, because during the match, they smashed their enemies with a 3-0 victory.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working