On Jeopardy! Wednesday night, Lin-Manuel Miranda, the creator of Hamilton, a Broadway musical about the life of Founding Father and former Treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton, sang clues for a category inspired by the show. Needless to say, the MacArthur “genius grant” winner is much better at rapping than host Alex Trebek.
The whole time, the contestants must have been thinking something along the lines of “I am not throwing away my shot,” to quote the song “My Shot” from the musical, in which an ambitious young Hamilton sings about his dreams to get a scholarship to King’s College (now Columbia University) and the “revolution” that will take place “in this century.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at email@example.com