Police have released footage of a man stealing a case of energy drinks from a supermarket in London. While this may not sound that out of the ordinary, the thief also committed the act while riding a hoverboard.
The CCTV video shows the man entering the shop on a hands-free segway, gliding around the store and then casually leaving with a case of Lucozade. The incident occurred at a Co-op in Mitcham, south London, on the evening of Sept. 6, but Metropolitan released the clip on Thursday in hopes of identifying the suspect, according to The Guardian.
Despite their popularity, the self-balancing scooters were made illegal on Britain’s public streets and sidewalks in October, after the theft occurred.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body