Police have released footage of a man stealing a case of energy drinks from a supermarket in London. While this may not sound that out of the ordinary, the thief also committed the act while riding a hoverboard.
The CCTV video shows the man entering the shop on a hands-free segway, gliding around the store and then casually leaving with a case of Lucozade. The incident occurred at a Co-op in Mitcham, south London, on the evening of Sept. 6, but Metropolitan released the clip on Thursday in hopes of identifying the suspect, according to The Guardian.
Despite their popularity, the self-balancing scooters were made illegal on Britain’s public streets and sidewalks in October, after the theft occurred.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This