Police have released footage of a man stealing a case of energy drinks from a supermarket in London. While this may not sound that out of the ordinary, the thief also committed the act while riding a hoverboard.
The CCTV video shows the man entering the shop on a hands-free segway, gliding around the store and then casually leaving with a case of Lucozade. The incident occurred at a Co-op in Mitcham, south London, on the evening of Sept. 6, but Metropolitan released the clip on Thursday in hopes of identifying the suspect, according to The Guardian.
Despite their popularity, the self-balancing scooters were made illegal on Britain’s public streets and sidewalks in October, after the theft occurred.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy