UFC President Dana White told the Los Angeles Times Holm would face Rousey at their next fight, scheduled for July 9. The plans contradict the claims of Holm’s manager, Lenny Fresquez, who thought Holm should fight Miesha Tate next instead.
“I’m not sure Ronda will be ready for a July fight,” Fresquez told the Times. “She took a severe beating and I don’t think it’s in her best interest to take the next fight so fast.” But White told the Times he talked to Rousey all the time, and that she is ready to be Holm’s next opponent.
“We’re real concerned with his opinion,” White added, sarcastically, in response to Fresquez’ concerns.
After Rousey’s second-round knockout, she posted to Instagram that she would be back after taking “a little bit of time.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating