UFC President Dana White told the Los Angeles Times Holm would face Rousey at their next fight, scheduled for July 9. The plans contradict the claims of Holm’s manager, Lenny Fresquez, who thought Holm should fight Miesha Tate next instead.
“I’m not sure Ronda will be ready for a July fight,” Fresquez told the Times. “She took a severe beating and I don’t think it’s in her best interest to take the next fight so fast.” But White told the Times he talked to Rousey all the time, and that she is ready to be Holm’s next opponent.
“We’re real concerned with his opinion,” White added, sarcastically, in response to Fresquez’ concerns.
After Rousey’s second-round knockout, she posted to Instagram that she would be back after taking “a little bit of time.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out