Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop pop-up shop in New York City was robbed of more than $173,000 worth of jewelry and watches late Saturday, police said.
Authorities said they are searching for three suspects, the Associated Press reports, one of whom used some kind of object to open a cabinet containing the merchandise while the store was busy and employees were distracted.
The crime took place at the temporary store of Paltrow’s lifestyle site Goop in midtown Manhattan. Among the items stolen from the cabinet was a vintage Bulgari bracelet from 1940 worth $106,250 and an 18-karat David Weiss bracelet valued at $43,750, DNA Info reports.
A Goop spokesperson said in a statement that all its customers and staff are safe, and the store remains open for business “with proper security precautions in place.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms