Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop pop-up shop in New York City was robbed of more than $173,000 worth of jewelry and watches late Saturday, police said.
Authorities said they are searching for three suspects, the Associated Press reports, one of whom used some kind of object to open a cabinet containing the merchandise while the store was busy and employees were distracted.
The crime took place at the temporary store of Paltrow’s lifestyle site Goop in midtown Manhattan. Among the items stolen from the cabinet was a vintage Bulgari bracelet from 1940 worth $106,250 and an 18-karat David Weiss bracelet valued at $43,750, DNA Info reports.
A Goop spokesperson said in a statement that all its customers and staff are safe, and the store remains open for business “with proper security precautions in place.”
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy