Beloved author of the Harry Potter books J.K. Rowling has some thoughts on people comparing Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump to the villain in her seven-part series.
The BBC noted that people on social media were comparing the leading Republican candidate, who on Monday advocated for a “total and complete shutdown” of Muslims entering the U.S., to Harry Potter’s archenemy, Lord Voldemort.
In a tweet Tuesday morning, Rowling responded sby aying Lord Voldemort, who calls on his followers to exterminate wizards and witches who have non-magical blood (or Muggles), wasn’t nearly as bad as the business mogul.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve