Beloved author of the Harry Potter books J.K. Rowling has some thoughts on people comparing Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump to the villain in her seven-part series.
The BBC noted that people on social media were comparing the leading Republican candidate, who on Monday advocated for a “total and complete shutdown” of Muslims entering the U.S., to Harry Potter’s archenemy, Lord Voldemort.
In a tweet Tuesday morning, Rowling responded sby aying Lord Voldemort, who calls on his followers to exterminate wizards and witches who have non-magical blood (or Muggles), wasn’t nearly as bad as the business mogul.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This