Beloved author of the Harry Potter books J.K. Rowling has some thoughts on people comparing Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump to the villain in her seven-part series.
The BBC noted that people on social media were comparing the leading Republican candidate, who on Monday advocated for a “total and complete shutdown” of Muslims entering the U.S., to Harry Potter’s archenemy, Lord Voldemort.
In a tweet Tuesday morning, Rowling responded sby aying Lord Voldemort, who calls on his followers to exterminate wizards and witches who have non-magical blood (or Muggles), wasn’t nearly as bad as the business mogul.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time