Beloved author of the Harry Potter books J.K. Rowling has some thoughts on people comparing Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump to the villain in her seven-part series.
The BBC noted that people on social media were comparing the leading Republican candidate, who on Monday advocated for a “total and complete shutdown” of Muslims entering the U.S., to Harry Potter’s archenemy, Lord Voldemort.
In a tweet Tuesday morning, Rowling responded sby aying Lord Voldemort, who calls on his followers to exterminate wizards and witches who have non-magical blood (or Muggles), wasn’t nearly as bad as the business mogul.
Getty Images, Warner Bros
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement