After several years out of the spotlight, Adele burst back onto the scene with her record-breaking hit “Hello.” Some have spent time humming the song in the shower or crying to it after a few drinks, but others have have responded by covering it. From polished professionals to more amateur musicians, tons of singers have lent their voice to the heartbreaking song.
Though obviously nobody can top Queen Adele, plenty of artists have certainly done the song justice. Here are a few of our favorites.
- Column: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive
Joe Jonas (dressed as a sad clown)
The Southern University Marching Band
Okay, so some people have argued that this cover is actually not so great — but it’s worth a watch because it’s just such a ridiculous spectacle.
The 17-year-old Internet sensation — one of TIME’s most influential teens of 2015 — shared a 15-second snippet of his acoustic “Hello” cover. Fans are anxiously waiting for the full version.