Thousands of people have been forced from their home after the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu experienced its heaviest rainfall in more than a century, the Associated Press reports.
The deluge has forced the closure of an airport in the state’s capital, Chennai, where 13 inches of rain were reported in just under 24 hours.
The Indian Meteorological Department expects a depression in the Bay of Bengal to bring more heavy rains to the state later this week.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization