A shooting in San Bernardino, California Wednesday is already the deadliest shooting in the United States since 2012.
Police say at least 14 people are dead and another 17 are injured after gunmen opened fire at a center for people with developmental disabilities. That death toll is the most since 20 children and 6 adults were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut in December 2012.
The deadliest shooting in American history occurred in 2007 when a student at Virginia Tech killed 33 people, including himself. The San Bernardino shooting comes just days after 3 people were killed in a shooting at a Colorado Planned Parenthood last Friday.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time