The 2016 campaign trail came to a halt Wednesday in the wake of a shooting in San Bernardino, California.
Multiple people have been shot at the Inland Regional Center, which provides services for people with disabilities, according to police, and authorities said there could be between one and three “heavily armed” suspects. President Barack Obama is said to have been briefed on the incident according to officials.
Many of the presidential hopefuls took to Twitter to respond to the incident.
Martin O’Malley (D)
Hillary Clinton (D)
Mike Huckabee (R)
Donald Trump (R)
Jeb Bush (R)
Dr. Ben Carson (R)
Governor John Kasich (R)
Senator Lindsey Graham (R)
Senator Ted Cruz (R)
Senator Bernie Sanders (D)
Senator Rand Paul (R)
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science