Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan announced the birth of their daughter Max Tuesday in conjunction with plans to give the vast majority of their Facebook stock to charity.
Since 2000, only about 150 babies born in the United States have been named Max, according to Social Security Administration data, including only 14 in 2014. (Numbers for 2015 likely won’t be made available until next spring.)
To put that in perspective, there were also 14 girls named Matthew born in 2014. The variant Maxine is considerably more common, with 202 in 2014. And since Jessica Simpson named her daughter Maxwell in 2012, the name has gained a small amount of traction with other parents: There were 26 girls named Maxwell in 2013 and 34 in 2014.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer