Facebook mogul Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, announced the birth of their daughter, Max, via a post on the social network on Tuesday. In an open letter to their daughter, Zuckerberg and Chan outlined their hopes for her generation, which included eliminating poverty, promoting equality, providing everyone with healthcare and protecting the environment — partially by giving 99% of their Facebook shares away to philanthropic efforts.
“Max, we love you and feel a great responsibility to leave the world a better place for you and all children. We wish you a life filled with the same love, hope and joy you give us. We can’t wait to see what you bring to this world,” they wrote in the post.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future