Facebook mogul Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, announced the birth of their daughter, Max, via a post on the social network on Tuesday. In an open letter to their daughter, Zuckerberg and Chan outlined their hopes for her generation, which included eliminating poverty, promoting equality, providing everyone with healthcare and protecting the environment — partially by giving 99% of their Facebook shares away to philanthropic efforts.
“Max, we love you and feel a great responsibility to leave the world a better place for you and all children. We wish you a life filled with the same love, hope and joy you give us. We can’t wait to see what you bring to this world,” they wrote in the post.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror