Facebook mogul Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, announced the birth of their daughter, Max, via a post on the social network on Tuesday. In an open letter to their daughter, Zuckerberg and Chan outlined their hopes for her generation, which included eliminating poverty, promoting equality, providing everyone with healthcare and protecting the environment — partially by giving 99% of their Facebook shares away to philanthropic efforts.
“Max, we love you and feel a great responsibility to leave the world a better place for you and all children. We wish you a life filled with the same love, hope and joy you give us. We can’t wait to see what you bring to this world,” they wrote in the post.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022