Facebook mogul Mark Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, announced the birth of their daughter, Max, via a post on the social network on Tuesday. In an open letter to their daughter, Zuckerberg and Chan outlined their hopes for her generation, which included eliminating poverty, promoting equality, providing everyone with healthcare and protecting the environment — partially by giving 99% of their Facebook shares away to philanthropic efforts.
“Max, we love you and feel a great responsibility to leave the world a better place for you and all children. We wish you a life filled with the same love, hope and joy you give us. We can’t wait to see what you bring to this world,” they wrote in the post.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working