Star Wars director J.J. Abrams explained Luke Skywalker’s absence from promotional material for the upcoming Star Wars movie as an attempt to avoid giving away too much of the film.
“I really want to make sure that we’re not ruining the movie for people,” he said in an interview on the Howard Stern Show. “I hate when I see a trailer and I feel like I’ve seen the whole movie in an encapsulated form.”
Fans have speculated on Skywalker’s absence since the release of the film’s first promotional material. Han Solo and Princess Leia both appear, but Skywalker is conspicuously absent.
While Abrams still won’t reveal exactly what happened to Skywalker, although he did reveal the first spoken word in the new movie in an appearance with Jimmy Kimmel last week.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement