MACON, Georgia — Donald Trump says he isn’t joking anymore.
The front-running GOP presidential candidate, who often has crowds laughing during his rallies, threatened to change his joking-style because it results in him being misrepresented — both in the press and in attack ads from his opponents.
“They take two second snippets,” he exclaimed before settling back into his usual style, comedy included.
But that’s not the only threat Trump levied. In a chilly arena that was transformed from an ice rink into an event space by laying down plastic tiles to cover the rink floor, the businessman put a price on his participation…
Read the rest of the story from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction