A young Taylor Swift fan who wanted to meet her idol before losing her hearing had her wish granted over the weekend when Swift’s tour stopped in Sydney.
Australian 12-year-old Jorja Hope was diagnosed with a condition that causes progressive inner-ear hearing loss, the Maitland Mercuryreports. According to the paper, the first thing she said when she learned of the prognosis was, “I won’t be able to hear Taylor Swift sing.”
An online campaign launched by her twin sister, Chloe, states that Jorja doesn’t know when she might lose her hearing; it could be as early as next year. Jorja’s one wish was to meet Swift, so Chloe started #HelpJorjaMeetTaylorSwiftSydney to make it happen. After going viral, the sisters caught the attention of Sydney radio station Nova 96.9, who helped set up a meeting with the celeb.
“She was very, very amazing and very pretty,” said Jorja, who brought a pair of Mortels Ugg Boots from Thornton as a gift. “I didn’t expect her to be as tall as she was.”
Afterwards, the sisters watched Swift perform at her concert at ANZ Stadium in Syndey. See photos below.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now