Jewish a cappella group Six13 proved its members are dutiful students of the Internet with its 2015 holiday video, which debuted Tuesday on TIME.com. The singers mix together Silentó’s “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” and Drake’s “Hotline Bling” for a Hanukkah-themed parody called “Watch Me (Spin/Drey Drey).”
Six13’s 2014 Hanukkah video, a spoof of Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off”, racked up more than 1.8 million views. Past hits also include a Passover-themed parody of “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars and “Chozen,” a spoof of “Let It Go” from the hit Disney movie Frozen.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow