Jewish a cappella group Six13 proved its members are dutiful students of the Internet with its 2015 holiday video, which debuted Tuesday on TIME.com. The singers mix together Silentó’s “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” and Drake’s “Hotline Bling” for a Hanukkah-themed parody called “Watch Me (Spin/Drey Drey).”
Six13’s 2014 Hanukkah video, a spoof of Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off”, racked up more than 1.8 million views. Past hits also include a Passover-themed parody of “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars and “Chozen,” a spoof of “Let It Go” from the hit Disney movie Frozen.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.