If you’ve managed to miss the fact that there is a new Star Wars movie coming out on Dec. 18, allow the twelfth and thirteenth trailers—in this case, two brief TV spots—to clue you into the biggest movie event since, well, Jurassic World. Though the new spots don’t reveal much unseen footage, they put the spotlight on the attack of Kylo Ren, the mysterious, Vader-like villain played by Adam Driver. The trailers allow a brief glimpse of Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron but continue to stick largely with Daisy Ridley’s Rey and John Boyega’s Finn. Luke Skywalker, not surprisingly, remains conspicuously absent.
Less than three weeks remain until all is revealed. Until then, we can most definitely expect the marketing blitz to continue apace, unearthing frustratingly little.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate