The New York Police Department waved the French flag during Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on Thursday, in solidarity with the country after a series of terrorist attacks in Paris killed 130.
A record number of police officers are patrolling this year’s iteration of the parade in the wake of the recent Paris attacks and a video purportedly made by ISIS that contained clips of Times Square.
The French flag was held aloft in tribute by the NYPD as dozens of officers took part in the march.
The parade is in its 89th year and officials estimated that 3 million people lined the streets to see the annual spectacle.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org