Attention earthlings: remember to be thankful you’re not eating Thanksgiving dinner in outer space.
As the video above shows, the International Space Station may be the worst possible Thanksgiving destination. The food is dehydrated and then rehydrated with hot water so it turns into a goopy-turkey-mixture that appears to have the texture of cranberry sauce.
But despite the less than appetizing dinner, astronaut Scott Kelly still cracks a smile.
TIME is producing a series of documentary films about Kelly’s yearlong mission in space. Watch the films here.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time