Attention earthlings: remember to be thankful you’re not eating Thanksgiving dinner in outer space.
As the video above shows, the International Space Station may be the worst possible Thanksgiving destination. The food is dehydrated and then rehydrated with hot water so it turns into a goopy-turkey-mixture that appears to have the texture of cranberry sauce.
But despite the less than appetizing dinner, astronaut Scott Kelly still cracks a smile.
TIME is producing a series of documentary films about Kelly’s yearlong mission in space. Watch the films here.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases