Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 29, who led the Paris attacks, returned to scenes of the shootings and the Bataclan concert hall while the siege was still going, says the city’s prosecutor, Francois Molins.
The Paris prosecutor revealed that Abaaoud’s movements were pieced together using location data from the phone he used that night, reports Sky News.
The ringleader, who died when police raided his hideout last week, mingled with onlookers outside the Bataclan concert hall where 89 people were killed. He is also thought to have returned to the restaurant and cafe terraces that were also attacked.
“This (location data) allows us to think that Abaaoud returns to the crime scenes following the attacks on terraces of the cafes and restaurants of the 10th and 11th districts while special police were still taking action at the Bataclan” Molins told reporters.
Molins also thinks Abaaoud was preparing for a suicide bombing mission with an accomplice at Paris’s La Defense business district on Nov. 18 or 19.