A whopping 601 babies bawled and crawled their way to the finish line at Yokohama mall, setting a Guinness World Record for the largest ever crawling competition. They easily outpaced the old record held by 451 babies in China.
But for many there, the race was less about the competition and more about making memories before their babies grew into children. “I don’t see my daughter crawling that often now that she’s starting to walk a bit,” one mother told the AFP. “I came here to keep a memory of this step.”
Watch the adorable video here.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time