The synergy was strong during Sunday night’s American Music Awards on ABC. The Disney-owned network included a special celebration of Star Wars just in time for The Force Awakens, which Disney will release next month.
In addition to showing the first clip from the film – a sequence featuring Finn and Rey (John Boyega and Daisy Ridley) that has been teased in the previous trailers – star Harrison Ford made a surprise appearance on the broadcast to introduce a musical tribute to John Williams from a cappella group Pentatonix.
Ford gamely discussed Williams’ incredible contributions to cinema, cueing up the composer’s iconic themes from Jaws, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, and Indiana Jones. The Star Wars star then kicked it over to Pentatonix, who performed a medley of Williams’ Star Wars music with some help from a full symphonic orchestra.
Watch a snippet of Ford’s introduction and the full Pentatonix performance below.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out