The synergy was strong during Sunday night’s American Music Awards on ABC. The Disney-owned network included a special celebration of Star Wars just in time for The Force Awakens, which Disney will release next month.
In addition to showing the first clip from the film – a sequence featuring Finn and Rey (John Boyega and Daisy Ridley) that has been teased in the previous trailers – star Harrison Ford made a surprise appearance on the broadcast to introduce a musical tribute to John Williams from a cappella group Pentatonix.
Ford gamely discussed Williams’ incredible contributions to cinema, cueing up the composer’s iconic themes from Jaws, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, and Indiana Jones. The Star Wars star then kicked it over to Pentatonix, who performed a medley of Williams’ Star Wars music with some help from a full symphonic orchestra.
Watch a snippet of Ford’s introduction and the full Pentatonix performance below.
This article originally appeared at EW.com
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space