Two members of the Eagles of Death Metal gave a harrowing interview about the attack on their band’s concert at the Bataclan theater in Paris that left 89 people dead, saying that a “kid” survived the attack by hiding under his leather jacket.
In an interview with VICE, lead singer Jesse Hughes says the attackers went into the band’s dressing room and the only person in the room who survived was a person who hid under the jacket. Hughes adds that many people died because they refused to leave their friends and “So many people put themselves in front of people.”
The band’s merchandise manager was killed in the attack, along with three colleagues from their record label.
VICE released a small segment of the interview online, and will be releasing the full interview with Hughes and bandmate Joshua Homme next week. You can watch the clip above.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time