Two members of the Eagles of Death Metal gave a harrowing interview about the attack on their band’s concert at the Bataclan theater in Paris that left 89 people dead, saying that a “kid” survived the attack by hiding under his leather jacket.
In an interview with VICE, lead singer Jesse Hughes says the attackers went into the band’s dressing room and the only person in the room who survived was a person who hid under the jacket. Hughes adds that many people died because they refused to leave their friends and “So many people put themselves in front of people.”
The band’s merchandise manager was killed in the attack, along with three colleagues from their record label.
VICE released a small segment of the interview online, and will be releasing the full interview with Hughes and bandmate Joshua Homme next week. You can watch the clip above.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This