The New York City Police Department and other officials conducted drills on Sunday morning for an active shooter situation in New York City subways.
WABC reports that the NYPD and other authorities conducted active shooter drills in a subway station in Lower Manhattan. “The first drill began at 4 a.m. with ten different arms of the NYPD participating, including officers from the counter-terrorism unit,” WABC reports.
Authorities from the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and Secret Service partook in the event.
The drills were simulating an active shooter on a subway platform with several people shot. The drill was reportedly planned before the terrorist attacks in Paris.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow