The New York City Police Department and other officials conducted drills on Sunday morning for an active shooter situation in New York City subways.
WABC reports that the NYPD and other authorities conducted active shooter drills in a subway station in Lower Manhattan. “The first drill began at 4 a.m. with ten different arms of the NYPD participating, including officers from the counter-terrorism unit,” WABC reports.
Authorities from the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and Secret Service partook in the event.
The drills were simulating an active shooter on a subway platform with several people shot. The drill was reportedly planned before the terrorist attacks in Paris.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up