Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announced that he was suspending his presidential campaign on Tuesday. Jimmy Fallon invited comedian Aziz Ansari to The Tonight Show Thursday to reprise his impression (which we first saw a few weeks ago) and discuss this news.
Ansari is generally a very enthusiastic person, and he brought an extra helping of enthusiasm to his role as Jindal. He uses a Star Wars metaphor to explain his new campaign slogan: “Thaw It Out!” (He says he plans to freeze his campaign until 2020 and then “thaw it out” then.)
The comedian’s been getting tons of praise for his new TV show, Master of None, but clearly we should all be applauding his Bobby Jindal impression too.
Read next: Why Bobby Jindal Is Quitting the Presidential Race
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement