Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison shared a photo on Twitter Thursday that shows a police officer pointing a gun toward his son during a recent protest.
TIME has reached out to the Congressman’s staffers for more information, but they weren’t immediately available for comment.
Al Jazeera America identified the person in the photo as Jeremiah Ellison, one of the Congressman’s three sons. Tensions rose in Minneapolis on Wednesday as protesters and police clashed amid peaceful demonstrations against the killing of an unarmed Minnesota man named Jamar Clark. Ellison formally asked Attorney General Loretta Lynch to investigate the man’s death earlier this week.
Clark’s shooting is the latest in a string of police-involved shootings across the U.S. over the past 12 months.
The events have sparked reactions from across the spectrum of government, including President Obama who launched a police task force that recommended more effective strategies of community engagement.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization