Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison shared a photo on Twitter Thursday that shows a police officer pointing a gun toward his son during a recent protest.
TIME has reached out to the Congressman’s staffers for more information, but they weren’t immediately available for comment.
Al Jazeera America identified the person in the photo as Jeremiah Ellison, one of the Congressman’s three sons. Tensions rose in Minneapolis on Wednesday as protesters and police clashed amid peaceful demonstrations against the killing of an unarmed Minnesota man named Jamar Clark. Ellison formally asked Attorney General Loretta Lynch to investigate the man’s death earlier this week.
Clark’s shooting is the latest in a string of police-involved shootings across the U.S. over the past 12 months.
The events have sparked reactions from across the spectrum of government, including President Obama who launched a police task force that recommended more effective strategies of community engagement.
Read Next: Judge to Rule on Police Shooting Video that ‘Might Rip Chicago Apart’
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement