Barack Obama confessed that he has trouble remembering the names of the characters on Game of Thrones in an interview for GQ’s “Men of The Year” 20th anniversary issue. The Commander in Chief sat down with HBO’s Bill Simmons, the former editor in chief of ESPN’s Grantland, for an exclusive White House Q&A, during which he said that he loves the popular HBO drama.
However, when asked about his favorite character from the series, Obama responded, “My favorite character is probably…the dwarf, what’s his name?…The problem with Game of Thrones…is that I don’t remember the names of any of the characters.”
In fact, he revealed he can only recall a single person from Westeros.
“I remember the characters, so when I watch it, I know exactly what’s going on,” he said. “But if you read a review of the show afterwards and they’re mentioning such and such, the only one I remember is Jon Snow, because I can pronounce Jon Snow.”
Basically, the show is long and full of actors.
It’s no secret Obama is a fan of the show. Last year, co-creators of the show, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, told Vanity Fair that Obama was given advanced screeners of the show’s upcoming season.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve