President Barack Obama thinks he would have enjoyed campaigning against Donald Trump, according to an interview published in GQ Tuesday.
“That would’ve been fun,” Obama told HBO’s Bill Simmons, formerly of Grantland.
Obama discussed a wide range of topics in the interview, from the 2008 election to living in a house with two teenage girls.
Much of the conversation centered around sports. Obama said he would be interested in owning an NBA team but declined to delve too deep into a conversation about NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.
In another segment of the interview, Obama identified the few people whose calls he would answer during a date night with Michelle. National Security Advisor Susan Rice and White House chief of staff Denis McDonough both make the cut, as do his daughters. His mother-in-law received a “maybe.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time