In the wake of Friday’s deadly terrorist attacks, Parisians are taking to social media to make one thing clear: they’re not going to stop living their lives and enjoying their city.
The hashtag #JeSuisEnTerrasse literally translates to “I’m out on a terrace”—but the message it’s really conveying is “I’m outside enjoying the city.” Parisians are using it to post pictures of themselves out in the city’s cafes and restaurants and to encourage others to do the same. Many Parisians also don’t want to walk down familiar streets and see deserted terraces that are usually bustling. They want to show that life goes on.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time