In the wake of Friday’s deadly terrorist attacks, Parisians are taking to social media to make one thing clear: they’re not going to stop living their lives and enjoying their city.
The hashtag #JeSuisEnTerrasse literally translates to “I’m out on a terrace”—but the message it’s really conveying is “I’m outside enjoying the city.” Parisians are using it to post pictures of themselves out in the city’s cafes and restaurants and to encourage others to do the same. Many Parisians also don’t want to walk down familiar streets and see deserted terraces that are usually bustling. They want to show that life goes on.
Read next: Parisians Use #PorteOuverte Hashtag for Those Seeking Safety From Attacks
More Must-Reads From TIME
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk