The Eiffel Tower was lit up Monday with the colors of the French national flag to honor the victims of Friday’s terrorist attacks in Paris.
The popular Paris tourist attraction, which turned blue, white and red on Monday evening, re-opened earlier in the day following a period of closure in wake of the violence that killed more than 120 people.
“In tragic moments that pass over France, culture is more than ever the symbolic place of discovery for oneself and others,” Fleur Pellerin, France’s culture minister, said in a statement Sunday night.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization