One Direction’s Liam Payne made it clear that he was a huge Potterhead when he celebrated his birthday in August with a Hogwarts-themed party complete with spell book cake.
Now, the 22-year-old singer has revealed that his love for the wizarding world goes even further than a Harry Potter soirée. During Nick Grimshaw’s Radio 1 Breakfast Show on Monday morning, Payne confessed that he had purchased one of the cars used as the Weasley family’s flying Ford Anglia during the filming of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
“I bought the Harry Potter car and I put it in my garden. You know the blue car, the flying one?,” he said. “I bought one because I’m a bit of a geek.”
Payne also announced that he had been sorted into the same Hogwarts house as Harry Potter himself, according to the Belfast Telegraph. “I did the test on the website. My friend got Hufflepuff and I got Gryffindor. He was so annoyed,” he said.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This