One Direction’s Liam Payne made it clear that he was a huge Potterhead when he celebrated his birthday in August with a Hogwarts-themed party complete with spell book cake.
Now, the 22-year-old singer has revealed that his love for the wizarding world goes even further than a Harry Potter soirée. During Nick Grimshaw’s Radio 1 Breakfast Show on Monday morning, Payne confessed that he had purchased one of the cars used as the Weasley family’s flying Ford Anglia during the filming of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
“I bought the Harry Potter car and I put it in my garden. You know the blue car, the flying one?,” he said. “I bought one because I’m a bit of a geek.”
Payne also announced that he had been sorted into the same Hogwarts house as Harry Potter himself, according to the Belfast Telegraph. “I did the test on the website. My friend got Hufflepuff and I got Gryffindor. He was so annoyed,” he said.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate