Friday’s terrorist attacks in Paris that killed 129 people were planned in Syria, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said Monday, adding that more atrocities against European nations are currently being plotted.
Valls said France is dealing with a “terrorist army” as opposed to an isolated group, while confirming some 150 overnight antiterrorism raids across the country, the BBC reported. He also said several public concerts and events linked to the upcoming Nov. 30 Paris climate talks will be canceled, according to the Agence France-Presse news agency.
The French armed forces, meanwhile, have stepped up air strikes in Syria against the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) militant group, which claimed responsibility for the Paris attacks.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve