Holly Holm’s devastating left kick in Sunday’s UFC 193 may have terminated Ronda Rousey’s undefeated mixed martial arts (MMA) record, but it hasn’t broken her spirit.
“I’ll be back,” Rousey told fans in an Instagram post.
The 28-year-old former Olympian also thanked fans for their “love and support” following her knockout 59 seconds into the second round of the bantamweight title fight. She was hospitalized for a split lip, according to FOX Sports, but assured supporters, “I’m fine.”
“As I had mentioned before,” Rousey said in the Instagram post, “I’m going to take a little bit of time.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time