Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo took to Facebook on Sunday to thank cities around the world for showing support during her own city’s tragedy.
“The cities of the whole world continue to express their support to the people of Paris,” she wrote in French. “Once again, a big thank you from the bottom of my heart. We are united.”
Hidalgo added photos of monuments lit up in the colors of the French flag, from the Sydney Opera House to the Oriental Pearl Tower in Shanghai, plus other displays of support like flowers and crowds standing in solidarity.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body