Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo took to Facebook on Sunday to thank cities around the world for showing support during her own city’s tragedy.
“The cities of the whole world continue to express their support to the people of Paris,” she wrote in French. “Once again, a big thank you from the bottom of my heart. We are united.”
Hidalgo added photos of monuments lit up in the colors of the French flag, from the Sydney Opera House to the Oriental Pearl Tower in Shanghai, plus other displays of support like flowers and crowds standing in solidarity.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating