The Eiffel Tower will go dark on Saturday night in tribute to those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks in Paris one day earlier. The landmark usually marks the passing of each hour with a light show during the night.
The landmark’s operator also announced Saturday that the monument will close indefinitely while France is still on high alert, according to the Associated Press. President François Hollande has closed the country’s borders.
At least 129 people were killed in six terrorist attacks on Friday. ISIS has claimed responsibility.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time