In the wake of Friday night’s Paris attacks, which left at least 128 people dead in six incidents around the city, one poignant sketch began circulating social media to honor the victims.
The symbol, including Paris’ iconic Eiffel Tower in the form of a peace sign, shows solidarity with the French capital and has been shared widely along with the hashtags #PrayforParis and #jesuisparis. Instagram has credited the user @jean_jullien for creating the sketch and confirmed to TIME that he drew it in response to the Paris attacks.
The peace symbol is just one of the many graphics circulating social media to honor Paris.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.