NCIS star Pauley Perrette said she was attacked in Hollywood on Thursday night. The actress called the incident “awful” and “life-changing” in a tweet detailing the assault.
According to Perrette, she was walking when a man attacked her: “He grabbed me so forcefully, pinned my arm, punched me in the nose, forehead repeatedly telling me he was going to kill me,” she wrote. He eventually ordered her to “get the f— out of here,” and so Perrette did before collapsing on the sidewalk and texting her “friend next door and my church friend cop.”
Perrette drew a sketch of the attacker, and the LAPD confirmed to ABC News that they “caught the suspect.”
“My life changed tonight,” Perrette ended her note. ” … We need full mental health care. We need housing and help for the homeless. We need to support our cops. We need to not walk alone. I need to heal.” Read Perrette’s full account below.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time