A suspect has been arrested for posting threats against black students at Michigan Technological University to the anonymous messaging app Yik Yak.
The school announced the arrest Friday, Reuters reports, after authorities began investigations a day before for the person who wrote the threatening posts. The suspect has not been identified and will appear in court on Friday morning, according to Reuters.
Earlier this week, authorities arrested a 20-year-old for posting threats to the same app against University of Michigan students of color. Threats against students also put security at Howard University on alert Thursday.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time