Rebel Wilson is not afraid of the Kardashians. On Wednesday, the Pitch Perfect 2 star tweeted that she would debate the reality television stars anywhere on “any topic.” Wilson also accused the family’s publicist of running a “smear campaign” against her.
Earlier this month, Wilson told an Australian radio show that she turned down the chance to present with Kendall and Kylie Jenner at the MTV Video Music Awards in August. “What they stand for is totally against what I stand for,” she said of the Kardashian family. “They seem a bit superficial and their careers aren’t really based on talent.”
Wilson was criticized for her remarks online and by other stars, including Oprah Winfrey. “People think, ‘Oh, if a television camera’s just following you, then that’s just easy,’” Winfrey said in an interview. “To really create a reality series that looks like something’s actually happening, it means you have to be on all the time. […] I went to film them as a family and I couldn’t believe how hard they worked. We were there for seven hours, and they were gonna tape another seven hours after I left. No matter who you are, that is work.”
On Twitter, Wilson said she was “over this little thing” and had even sent the Kardashians flowers. A representative for the family was not immediately available for comment.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy