Meet Brookfield, a black lab who, like many of us, really loves pizza. Brookfield, however, is willing to go to great lengths to acquire it. For example: almost burning his house down.
When his humans were in a different room of their Connecticut home, Brookfield attempted to steal some ‘za sitting in a box on top of the oven. But he accidentally turned on the burners, promptly setting the greasy cardboard box on fire.
Luckily, Brookfield’s humans dashed to the kitchen in time to put out the fire and keep everyone safe. And lucky for us, all of this was recorded on the security camera they’d set up to monitor Brookfield and her fellow dogs.
Brookfield certainly isn’t the only pet guilty of this crime. According to Inside Edition, pets start around 700 fires in the U.S. each year.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms