Meet Brookfield, a black lab who, like many of us, really loves pizza. Brookfield, however, is willing to go to great lengths to acquire it. For example: almost burning his house down.
When his humans were in a different room of their Connecticut home, Brookfield attempted to steal some ‘za sitting in a box on top of the oven. But he accidentally turned on the burners, promptly setting the greasy cardboard box on fire.
Luckily, Brookfield’s humans dashed to the kitchen in time to put out the fire and keep everyone safe. And lucky for us, all of this was recorded on the security camera they’d set up to monitor Brookfield and her fellow dogs.
Brookfield certainly isn’t the only pet guilty of this crime. According to Inside Edition, pets start around 700 fires in the U.S. each year.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now