Meet Brookfield, a black lab who, like many of us, really loves pizza. Brookfield, however, is willing to go to great lengths to acquire it. For example: almost burning his house down.
When his humans were in a different room of their Connecticut home, Brookfield attempted to steal some ‘za sitting in a box on top of the oven. But he accidentally turned on the burners, promptly setting the greasy cardboard box on fire.
Luckily, Brookfield’s humans dashed to the kitchen in time to put out the fire and keep everyone safe. And lucky for us, all of this was recorded on the security camera they’d set up to monitor Brookfield and her fellow dogs.
Brookfield certainly isn’t the only pet guilty of this crime. According to Inside Edition, pets start around 700 fires in the U.S. each year.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022