Champion UFC fighter Ronda Rousey is ready for a time out. The fighter told Rolling Stone that “there’s nothing [she] would like to do more than disappear for a while.”
She’s fighting Holly Holm on Saturday in UFC 193, which she says will be her last fight for now.
“I would like to wait until UFC 200 to fight again. I’m going to be filming [movies] in the meantime, so I’m still going to be keeping busy,” she said. “When I’m filming it’s kind of weird, I’m on camera the whole time, but nothing really goes out until a year or two later. It is kind of like disappearing in a way.”
It seems like she could be taking a page out of Taylor Swift’s playbook; the singer announced earlier this year that she might take some time off at the end of her recent tour, saying, “I think people need a break from me.”
After all, Rousey’s a T-Swift fan at heart.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time