When the Wall Street Journal wrote an editorial bashing Donald Trump’s debate performance, it was perhaps only a matter of time before the GOP candidate took to social media to attack back.
Thursday morning, the Wall Street Journal published an editorial knocking Donald Trump on his trade comments during Tuesday night’s Fox Business debate.
The editorial says,
Trump then wrote a series of five tweets lashing out at the Wall Street Journal for its editorial judgment and defending his knowledge of the trade deal.
Later, Trump went back to Twitter to rail against a second editorial in the Wall Street Journal published the same day, this one by Republican political operative Karl Rove. It declared Trump the “biggest loser” of Tuesday’s debate.
Later Thursday, Rove hit back at Trump for his tweet-storm with some “free advice” for the candidate:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve