First, you saw him let out an adorable sneeze. Now, watch BeiBei—the Smithsonian National Zoo’s new panda cub—take his very first steps.
This milestone went down on Monday afternoon. The other panda you’ll see in the above clip is Bei Bei’s mom, Mei Xiang, who was there to supervise. She is clearly so proud of him that she eventually scoops him up for a cuddle session.
“One small step for panda,” the zoo wrote on its Facebook page, “one adorably wobbly moment for all of us.”
What Life Is Like for America’s Most Famous Panda Cub
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com