Former Jeopardy star Ken Jennings is coming under fire for a tweet that some found offensive. On Tuesday, he took to Twitter to post about Daniel Fleetwood, a terminally ill Star Wars fan who died Tuesday morning after getting an early screening of the series’ latest installment.
“It can’t be a good sign that every fan who has seen the new Star Wars movie died shortly thereafter,” he wrote.
Since the tweet was posted, Jennings’ followers have been firing back at him.
This isn’t even the first time he has gotten himself in hot water for an insensitive remark on social media. In 2014, he caused outrage with a tweet about disabled people. “Nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair,” he wrote.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Megan McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org